There is not one Cuban dish I have tried that I didn’t like and this one is no exception. This is a no fuss Cuban-style hash recipe using lean meat and flavors that will create a party in your mouth. The slow cook process also lets the flavors slowly blend in. Traditionally, it is served over white rice but you can replace with brown rice to bump up the health factor.
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef (93% lean)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ½ stuffed green olives, drained and chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- 2 potatoes, diced about ¾ of an inch
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1-15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 cups dry red wine
- Chop all of your ingredients in advance.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground meat constantly breaking down until very small.
- Pour all ingredients into the slow-cooker.
- Mix until well combined. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Serve over white or brown rice.