Black beans are full of fiber and great for digestive health. This particular dip is quick and easy to prepare and is a healthy option this Labor Day weekend.
Posted on Fox News Latino
1. 29 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
2. 3 tablespoons water
3. 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
4. 2 tablespoons tomato paste
5. 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
6. 2 limes, juiced
7. 1 teaspoon ground cumin
8. 1 teaspoon salt
9. 2-3 scallions, sliced
10. 4 ounce can green chilies, chopped
11. 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
12. 3 bell peppers (red, orange and yellow)
13. Hot sauce (optional)
1. In a food processor or blender, process the first eight ingredients until smooth.
2. Stir in scallions, green chilies and cilantro.
3. Transfer to a small bowl and serve with mixed peppers.
Tip: Use leftover bean dip as a spread for wraps and sandwiches.
Serves a crowd.