This recipe is low in every way. Low in calories. Low in carbs. Low in sugar. Low in fat. After eating a bountiful Thanksgiving meal, this light dessert is a perfect finish for your crowd.
Makes 12 servings.
Featured on Fox News Latino
- 2 pkg. (1.5 to 2 oz. each) vanilla flavor fat free sugar free instant pudding
- 2 ½ cups cold fat-free milk
- 1-15 ounce can pumpkin pie mix
- 7 ounces mango pulp, frozen
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 -8 ounce tub whipped topping , lite
- 1-regular size angel food cake, cubed
- 1-8 ounce bag mango chunks, frozen (thawed slightly)
- Fresh berries
- 10 Maria cookies (optional)
- In a blender, mix the first five ingredients until thickened (about 1 minute).
- Pour into a large mixing bowl, fold in whipped topping and refrigerate for one hour.
- After an hour, cube angel food cake and spread half the cubes onto the bottom of trifle bowl.
- Sprinkle with half the mango chunks and half the berries. Then add half of the pumpkin mango mixture.
- Continue layering with remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle with crushed Maria cookies and arrange 4 or 5 whole cookies.
Alternate Serving Suggestions:
- Arrange using 12 long stemmed glasses.
- Mousse is also delicious without anything else.