This dish is typically done with chicken on the bone but if you’re anything like me, I don’t like pausing to pull chicken from the bone while eating so here I’ve done it with boneless chicken thighs. Super juicy and no interruptions! Enjoy!
Click here for my video recipe Arroz con Pollo on Fox News Latino.
- 2 ½ – 3 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock, plus 3
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ cup white onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rice
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet.
- Liberally season one side of chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in skillet, seasoned side down and season other side while in the pot.
- Cook chicken on medium heat until golden brown (about 5-6 minutes on each side. You may need to cook in batches.
- Set chicken aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to skillet if necessary. Add onions, garlic, tomato paste and mix for about one minute until fragrant and well-combined.
- Add one cup of chicken stock to deglaze the skillet by scraping with a wooden spoon. Then add remaining 3 cups and bring to a boil.
- Add salt and rice and give it a little mix. Place chicken over rice. Cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes.