Although not healthy by any means, it just wouldn’t be the holidays without some coquito. In this recipe, we did manage to cut back a bit on the sweet and replaced by using fat free milk. Here’s to saving a few calories this holiday season.
Featured on Fox News Latino
- 1- 15 ounce cans cream of coconut
- 1- 14 ounce cans condensed milk
- 3 cups fat free milk
- 6 ounces white rum (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (plus more for sprinkling)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon coconut or vanilla extract
- Sugar in the raw (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a blender except sugar in the raw.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight before serving.
- Rim glasses with sugar in the raw. Pour and serve cold.
Hint: You may need to blend again.