I absolutely loved making this recipe. Especially since I had a pair of little helping hands with my daughter Madison by my side. She was 5 years old at the time and now my little nutcracker is 8. My how time flies.
- 1 – 14oz box pie crust
- 4 oz bar – 60% to 70% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar
- 42 pieces mini-marshmallows
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Raw sugar (we used a red one)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To make your egg wash, whisk egg and water. Set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll out pie crusts.
- Using a 4-inch wide heart-shaped cookie cutter, make as many pairs of hearts as possible.
- Place chocolate in the center of each heart and top with 6 marshmallows each.
- Brush edges with egg wash.
- Top with second heart and press edges with fingertips. Brush with egg wash.
- Sprinkle with sugar and bake for about 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- After a minute or so, transfer to a cooling rack.
- Serve warm.
Note: marshmallows may burst through crust but heart will keep its shape.
Makes 7 pillows.