Pastel de Choclo is an incredibly popular dish in Chile. It is typically made with ground been and chicken. It is a sweet and savory dish and the perfect comfort food. In this recipe, we used lamb for the protein. Pasture fed lamb can be very healthy as it can be a significant source of omega-3 fat which has been associated with decreased risk of cardiovascular disease. Spice up St. Patrick’s Day with this dish.
Makes 4 generous portions.
Featured on Fox News Latino
Pureed Corn Ingredients
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a deep heavy skillet, brown the ground lamb then add onions and garlic and cook until translucent.
2. Add chopped olives and capers and mix.
3. Then add the rest of your condiments (paprika, salt, coriander, tomato paste, basil) and continue to sauté until well incorporated.
4. Transfer to a deep small oven safe dish.
5. Top with sliced hard-boiled eggs. Set aside.
6. To the blender or food processor, add corn kernels, buttermilk, salt and 1 tablespoon sugar and blend until it is pureed.
7. In the same deep skillet melt butter and add corn mixture.
8. Cook for a few minutes until it has thickened, constantly mixing.
9. Spread corn mixture evenly over lamb and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
10. Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned.
11. Serve warm.
Option: Add about ⅓ cup of golden raisins to the lamb for more sweet and savory flavors.