Here’s a quick and easy to way to fill an apple pie void and chances are you will have all of your ingredients readily available. This was a hit with my daughter who gave me the side eye as I was randomly putting it together. To give it a Latin twist, add my favorite fruit of all time, MANGO!
- 12.4 oz can Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls with Icing (8 rolls)
- 1 medium granny smith apple, peeled and thing sliced
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a small bowl, combine corn starch, lemon juice and sugar until smooth.
- Coat apples with mixture; set aside.
- Roll out cinnamon rolls (cinnamon facing the top) to about a 4-4 ½ inch diameter.
- Divide apples evenly among the 8 rolls.
- Fold and seal each roll.
- Bake according to package instructions for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Drizzle icing and serve warm.
Makes 8 cinnamon apple empanadas.