Chorizo and Cheese…need I say more?
- 3/4 pound chorizo
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, cubed
- 14 ounce package prepared dough (discs for pastries) – located in the frozen aisle
- Oil for frying
- Remove chorizo casing and while cooking in a medium-sized skillet break up chorizo to fine little pieces. Cook until no longer pink.
- When almost done, add onions and sauté for additional 5 minutes.
- Set aside and let cool.
- While heating the oil prepare empanadas.
- Fill each circle with about one tablespoon of chorizo mixture.
- Top each with 2-3 cubes of pepper jack cheese.
- Seal and crimp.
- Deep fry until golden brown and drain over paper towels.
- Serve warm.
Makes 10 empanadas.