Traditionally, this chicken is prepared with the skin on but in this recipe, it’s been removed in order to keep the chicken low in fat and calories. Quick shout out to my long time Peruvian friend, @sharonmc17 who gave me the inspiration for this delicious dish.
Featured on Fox News Latino
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 ½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 ½ tablespoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken leg quarters (between 4-5 pounds)
- juice of 1 lemon
- cold water
- Half fill a large pot with cold water and lemon juice. Then prepare chicken by removing the skin and any excess fat and place in the lemon water. Set aside.
- Using a dish large enough to accommodate chicken, combine first nine ingredients until it forms a paste.
- Place chicken in dish and coat completely with spice mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place chicken in baking pan. Loosely cover with aluminum foil and bake for two hours.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Serve with sides such as rice and beans with broccoli.