Perfect for breakfast or brunch, this Honduran banana bread is very dense but super moist and oh, so sweet. The unique ingredient used in this recipe is flaked coconut. It’s like coconut bread taken to a whole new banana level.
Featured on Fox News Latino
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons lite cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (2-3)
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut, flaked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed in mixer.
- While beating add 1 cup sugar and egg.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir until well-blended.
- Combine banana, milk and vanilla; until well combined.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with banana mixture; mix after each addition. Stir in coconut.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!